As we are now in November I think we are safe to talk about Christmas, just!
Our television screens are bombarded with adverts for the latest must have toy or gadget. Last year we had pie-face, the hilarious game that involved having a pie thrown in your face. Simple and effective. Thanks to the multitude of entertaining youtube videos the game quickly became the must have toy and sold out in the run up to Christmas, leaving parents panicking, as toy stores couldn’t keep up with demand.
Over the last few months, the amount of toys and games that have been shipped from the Far East is overwhelming. Containers were packed and shipped across the seas ready for the Christmas rush. Buyers have predicted what will be this years “must have” but within days these forecasts can change, especially if the game in question “goes viral”.
WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
Shipping via sea from the Far East is of course out of the question. Likewise, if you need to ship goods that will take more than 30 days, as in the US West Coast and Australia, you are more than likely already too late. Airfreight is your only option but with a myriad of freight forwarders out there offering you this service it is imperative that you choose the right one.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT FORWARDER
The right airfreight forwarder will play a vital role in your logistics partnership programme. The perfect airfreight forwarder is someone that ticks all these boxes:
1. Broad portfolio – aim to work with a forwarder that can offer a wide solution to your needs and will look for the best most cost effective solution for you.
2. Customs broker – knowledge of customs is imperative, this will stop any delays that could potentially come from customs compliance issues.
3. Industry expertise – your forwarder must have expert industry knowledge and can provide the most competitive and efficient service for your individual needs.
4. Shipment monitoring – if you are shipping goods that are timely, you need to be able to see clearly where your goods are
5. Location – you need a forwarder that can offer you full local support
Airfreight volumes always increase at this time of year with manufacturers desperate to get their product on the shelves before it’s too late. We are increasingly ordering more products online, want our purchases almost immediately and are willing to pay a premium. With these points in mind it is vital that you choose an airfreight provider that you can be confident in.
Kestrel Liner Agencies have a dedicated airfreight department. Based at Heathrow Airport and with a team of industry experts they are ideally placed to be your airfreight forwarding partner. They can offer you full customs support, both import customs clearance and export customs entries. All of the shipments that Kestrel are involved in are fully tracked which ensures you full visibility. Quite simply, Kestrel Liner Agencies are suitably placed to be your perfect partner.
For more information or to receive a competitive quote then give John a call on 01784 898227 or you can email the team firstname.lastname@example.org.